West Newbury Congregational Church
West Newbury is a small rural community. Its church was built in 1833 for shared use by four denominations. The church partners with the Zimbabwe United Church of Christ, earns funds for Heifer International and assembles Christmas, health and school kits for children. They address local need by supporting the “back room.” The Women’s Fellowship maintains the church hall and organizes the turkey supper, now in its 57th year, and the summer festival. They have a year-round choir and a restored tracker organ. For 179 years, their lovely church on a hill has been at the center of West Newbury, where neighbor helps neighbor at home and around the world.