First Congregational Church & Society of Windsor

Est. 1768

Old South Church in Windsor was formed in 1768. The first legislature of the newly established State of Vermont gathered at the meetinghouse in 1778. The present building was erected in 1798 and is in constant use. They have an active community that gathers for weekly worship, youth events, Bible studies, weddings, funerals, coffeehouses, rummage sales, localvore dinners and seasonal services. Old South Church, United Church of Christ shares their deep care for the wider community and world by organizing monthly free meals, supporting the food shelf, hosting nonprofit groups and working for justice and peace worldwide.

<back>

2012 Non Profit Centennial Awards 031

This page was last updated: 2014-03-03