Licensed Nursing Assistants
- LNA Application Instructions for Licensure
- Verification of Education. Only for use if applicants have been specifically requested to send. Do not send in unless you have been asked to by a Vermont Board of Nursing staff member.
- Verification of Education Form for Nursing Students Only for use if applicants are trying to become licensed as an LNA and are currently enrolled in a nursing education program.
You must meet the following criteria before applying for an MNA Endorsement:
- hold an unencumbered Vermont LNA license;
- be at least 18 years of age;
- have a high school diploma or G.E.D.;
- have two years’ experience consisting of no fewer than 4,000 hours of LNA experience of which at least one year and 2,000 hours were acquired in a long term care nursing facility;
- complete an MNA training program approved by the Board; and
- successfully complete MNA competency and math proficiency examinations approved by the Board.
A complete application for the MNA endorsement must be submitted within one year of completing the MNA training program
Educational Program Information
- Nursing Assistant Education Programs in Vermont
- Medication Nursing Assistant Education Programs in Vermont
- LNA Skills Checklist