Licensed Nursing Assistants
- LNA Application Instructions for Licensure
- LNA Renewal Instructions
- Verification of Education Only for use if applicants have been specifically requested to send. Do not send in unless you have been asked to by a Vermont Board of Nursing staff member.
- Verification of Education Form for Nursing Students Only for use if applicants are trying to become licensed as an LNA and are currently enrolled in a nursing education program.
You must meet the following criteria before applying for an MNA Endorsement:
- hold an unencumbered Vermont LNA license;
- be at least 18 years of age;
- have a high school diploma or G.E.D.;
- have two years’ experience consisting of no fewer than 4,000 hours of LNA experience of which at least one year and 2,000 hours were acquired in a long term care nursing facility;
- complete an MNA training program approved by the Board; and
- successfully complete MNA competency and math proficiency examinations approved by the Board.
A complete application for the MNA endorsement must be submitted within one year of completing the MNA training program
Educational Program Information
- Nursing Assistant Education Programs in Vermont
- Medication Nursing Assistant Education Programs in Vermont
- LNA Skills Checklist
Continuing Education Information
Verification of Licensure
To better serve you, we have a list of our most frequently asked questions. Please click on the button below to find the answer to your question before calling or emailing.
For questions or to contact the board, email or call: