Applications without a valid U.S. Social Security number will not be accepted. No exceptions.
The following applies to applications received after 1/14/2015 requesting NCLEX testing:
- If you have graduated from your initial nursing education program less than 5 years ago, you must pass the NCLEX examination within 5 years of that graduation date.
- If you have graduated from your initial nursing education program more than five years ago, you may take the NCLEX examination through Vermont one time only. No exceptions.
Checking Your Application Status
You may check the status of an application or renewal by logging in to your online licensing account with the user ID and password associated with your account.
If you are represented by an agency, contact them for information prior to contacting the state of Vermont. All information concerning your application file will first be conveyed to your agency if you have chosen them to represent you during the application process. Agency representation is not required to apply to the state of Vermont.
Please note that your Credentials Evaluation Service (CES) report is only available to this office for a period of one year. Therefore your application must be submitted within that one-year time frame.
Email is the primary form of communication from this office.
- International Nurse Application - Registered Nurse
- International Nurse Application - Practical Nurse
- International RN NCLEX Pass Endorsement Application. This application is for internationally educated nurses who have passed the NCLEX through a different state.
- International LPN NCLEX Pass Endorsement Application. This application is for internationally educated nurses who have passed the NCLEX through a different state.
- Registered Nurse Renewal
- Licensed Practical Nurse Renewal
National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) Re-Take Forms and Information
- NCLEX-RN Re-Take Application NCLEX-RN Re-take applications will be accepted without an SSN until February 1, 2015.
- NCLEX-PN Re-Take Application NCLEX-PN Re-take applications will be accepted without an SSN until February 1, 2015.
Re-take applications are processed within 45 days of receipt. For questions about re-take applications email email@example.com
Educational Program Information
The state of Vermont is currently not accepting applications from applicants educated in Haiti. Effective 9/2/2008.
Frequently Asked Questions
To better serve you, we have a list of our most frequently asked questions. Please click on the button below to find the answer to your question before calling or emailing.