- Guide to Vermont’s Town Clerks, Treasurers and County Clerks – contact information and office hours for town clerks, treasurers and county clerks and indicates the hours when lister records and zoning records are available in each town.
- Vermont Place Names – short reference guide to be used when looking for a specific place in Vermont. The listing is alphabetical and includes towns, villages, gores and others.
- 2014 Selectboard Listing - excel spreadsheet listing selectboard members in Vermont towns and cities with contact information.
- 2014 Justice of the Peace Listing - excel spreadsheet listing justices of the peace in Vermont towns and cities with contact information.
- Justice of the Peace Guide – a review of the role and functions of Vermont’s justices of the peace and the laws that apply to them.
- Municipal Law Basics – a resource for local officials and members of the public who want to better understand the legal context of municipal government.
- Robert's Rules of Order - an online (unofficial) guide to the sometimes tricky world of parliamentary procedure used at the meetings of public bodies.
- For information on submitting an annual municipal report, please visit the "Statutory Filings" section of the Archives & Records page.
Constitutions & Court Cases
- Index to Vermont Municipal Law (Vermont League of Cities & Towns)
- Isn't There a Law About That? – a guide to finding Vermont law designed for citizens and local officials. (Vermont Institute for Government 1999).
Vermont’s U.S. Congressional Delegation
- It’s Your Turn: A Call to Public Office – an introduction to locally elected positions (Vermont Institute for Government 1997).
- The Center for Rural Studies at UVM – Vermont census and community and rural development information.
- Planning Manual For Vermont Municipalities – information from the Department of Housing and Community Development.
- Vermont Center for Geographic Information – turn to the VCGI for help with your mapping needs. Mapping resources, computer mapping software, data, and training are available. Includes resources for regional planning commissions as well.
- Vermont League of Cities and Towns – a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that serves Vermont's municipal officials.
- Vermont Municipal Clerks and Treasurers Association (VMCTA) – provides educational and legislative advocacy services for Vermont's municipal clerks, treasurers and clerk/treasurers.
- Vermont Planning Information Center – clearinghouse of information for planning commissions, zoning boards, development review boards, and their staff and all others involved in land use planning and regulation in Vermont.
- Digging Deep – a guide to cemetery and burial law.