Plain Copies Request
To request copies of business records on file with the Vermont Office of the Secretary of State, please follow the steps below and then submit the form provided.
- Documents issued (e.g. certificates) by the Office of the Secretary of State are not available for copies. Only documents filed with the Office of the Secretary of State (e.g. articles, applications, statements, registrations, etc.), with a few exceptions, are available for copies. Please see Fees & Filings for a complete list of filings.
- Please do not submit a document request if you simply would like to verify the latest officers, directors, address, or other basic information about your business. This can and should be done using our Online Business Search.
- To prevent possible delays, please verify your business name and business ID using our Online Business Search before submitting our request.
For UCC Lien records, please see UCC-11 Information Requests on “UCC Lien Services.”
Please select one of the following options:
- Search Business
- Select Business by clicking on its business name.
- Select Filing History from bottom of Business Information page.
- Click on link to document under Document Type on Filing History page.
- If the document(s) needed are not available via 1-4 above, request the document(s) through the following link: