Apostilled or Authenticated Copies
To request copies of business records on file with the Vermont Office of the Secretary of State, please follow the steps below and then submit the form provided.
- Documents issued (e.g. certificates) by the Office of the Secretary of State are not available for copies. Only documents filed with the Office of the Secretary of State (e.g. articles, applications, statements, registrations, etc.), with a few exceptions, are available for copies. Please see Fees & Filings for a complete list of filings.
- Please do not submit a document request if you simply would like to verify the latest officers, directors, address, or other basic information about your business. This can and should be done using our Online Business Search.
- To prevent possible delays, please verify your business name and business ID using our Online Business Search before submitting our request.
For UCC Lien records, please see UCC-11 Information Requests on “UCC Lien Services.”
Please select one of the following options:
Apostilled or Authenticated Copies:
To request Certified Copies with Apostille or Certificate of Authentication:
Please see form below for full details and fees.
1. This request is only accepted by our Montpelier office (address on form below), NOT by the State Archives Records Administration (VSARA) in Middlesex;
2. This request cannot be completed while you wait (please allow 7-10 business days for processing); and
3. This request is only for business registration documents already in the records of the Vermont Secretary of State - for the Apostille or Authentication of other documents - please click here.
For more information regarding Apostilles and Certificates of Authorization, please click here.