Failure to file annual or biennial reports in a timely manner, or to maintain a registered agent in the state of Vermont, will result in the termination of a business entity's good standing with the Secretary of State's Office. This is indicated by the business status reading either “terminated” or “inactive” depending on how long you have been out of compliance.
Only corporations, nonprofits, cooperatives, limited liability companies (LLC/PLC/L3C), limited liability partnerships (LLP), and mutual benefit enterprises (MBE) are eligible to file for reinstatement of good standing.
To reinstate the good standing of a business entity, just log in and follow a few easy steps:
- Log into our Online Business Service Center, either:
Login with any existing User ID and Password.
Create a User Account if you do not yet have a User ID and Password.
Select VT SEC OF STATE ONLINE SERVICES from the Main Menu on the left side of your screen.
- Select » File your Reinstatement under VT SEC OF STATE ONLINE SERVICES.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and enter all required and updated information.
Reinstate by Mail
To file by mail with a check or money order:
- Follow the instructions under Online Filing above.
- Select eCheck as your payment option at the end of the online filing process.
- Do not enter any information into the eCheck screen.
- Select I Want to Print & Mail With Check at the bottom of the eCheck screen.
- Print and mail the resulting PDF file with check or money order for the total amount indicated on the reinstatement.