- slide 1
- slide 2
- slide 3
How can we help?
I want to...
- Start a new Vermont Business.
- Register a Foreign Entity to do business in Vermont.
- Register a Trade Name to do business as.
- File an Annual/Biennial Report
- Renew a Trade Name (DBA)
- Change a Registered Agent or Agent Address
- Amend a Business Registration
- End a Business Registration
- File a Business Document not listed above.
- Submit UCC Lien Filing
- Register a Trademark
- Register a Telemarketer
- Register an Amusement Ride Operator
MOST POPULAR QUESTIONS
- What does ‘The name is not available’ mean?
- When is my Annual/Biennial Report due?
- What do I do if my business status is Terminated or Inactive?
- How do I look up a business record?
- How do I get a copy of my business record?
- What does "distinguishable in the records of the Secretary of State" mean?
- Do I need to register my name with the Secretary of State?
- What business type do I choose?
- How do I start a business in Vermont?
- Who is authorized to sign for my business?
- How is business name availability determined?
I Want to Request...
Find out how to apply for an Employer ID Number (EIN).
Find out how to register for a State business tax account & determine which taxes you need to pay..
Find out how to set up a new Employer Unemployment Tax Account.
A step by step guide to filing an Annual Report
A step by step guide to filing a Nonprofit Biennial Report
See Statistics for Business Documentation Filed by the Secretary of State.