Statutory Filings

By statute, a significant number of records are required to be filed with the Secretary of State on a regular basis. With the exception of Administrative Rules, filings for which there are few procedural requirements are usually administered by the Vermont State Archives and Records Administration. In most cases, the records have continuing value to the State of Vermont and its citizens and are ultimately transferred into the State Archives.

Common Filings

Records commonly filed with the Vermont State Archives and Records Administration include appointments and oaths, including those for Vermont notaries public, and state deeds and leases, municipal and state agency reports; and municipal and union school districts.


This page was last updated: 2018-12-17