Other resources outside the Vermont State Archives include:
- ArcCat: A cooperative catalog describing archival records and manuscripts held by various Vermont archival institutions.
- Vermont Department of Libraries: The department holds state reports, publications, newspapers, and related materials.
- Vermont Historical Society: Records associated with Vermont but not created by public agencies are preserved by other institutions. The Vermont Historical Society (VHS) is the largest repository of non-government materials related to Vermont.
- University of Vermont Bailey-Howe Library: The library of the largest university in Vermont has extensive research collections. The Special Collections department has a large collection of Vermontiana.
- The National Archives: Records related to the federal government's activities in Vermont, such as naturalization, military duty, and federal court activity, are retained at the federal level. The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is responsible for preserving federal archival records.