The following resources are available for locating and using archival public records in the Vermont State Archives:
- Archival Records Database: Searchable index to archival records in the Vermont State Archives.
- VT Re·tain: Born-digital archival public records in the Vermont State Archives that can be searched and accessed online.
- Nye Index to the Manuscript Vermont State Papers: Searchable name and subject index to some of the earliest records of Vermont State government, 1777–1861.
- Surveyor Maps and Lotting Plans: Early town maps and lotting plans in the State Archives that have been digitized and can be searched and accessed online.
- Photographs: Photographs in the State Archives, some of which can be researched online.
- Governors’ Inaugural and Farewell Addresses: Searchable inaugural and farewell speeches of Vermont’s governors.
Published Guides and Indexes
- A Guide to the Henry Stevens, Sr. Collection: a published guide to Henry Stevens, Sr.’s collection of early Vermont records, 1753–1862.
- Index to the Papers of the Surveyor General: a published index to the early records of Vermont’s Surveyors General which include charters, maps, plans, and survey notes.
- Vermont Municipalities: An Index to their Charters and Special Acts: a published index to the charters and special acts for each municipality.
- Vermont Legislative Reports: An Index to Reports found in the Journals of the Vermont House and Senate: a published index to reports found in legislative journals, 1800–1950.
- Vermont Corporations: An Index to Private Corporations Formed by the Legislature: a published index to corporations created by legislative act, 1777–1913.
- A Guide to the Papers of Vermont’s Governors: a published guide to Vermont’s gubernatorial records held across many repositories, 1778–1985.
Historical Research with Vermont Court Records: a published guide to Vermont’s court records, 1794-1945.