The Office of the Secretary of State has prepared the following tools to assist agencies in the APA process:
- Filing Administrative Rules - an overview of the rulemaking process.
- Timeline - the dates established by statute that govern the APA process (includes the statutory references).
- Rules at a Glance - a checklist of the required components for each filing. Please make sure to check the instructions for each filing for more detailed information.
- Publication Calculator - a utility for projecting the time frames of filings, in order to plan for hearings etc. based upon statutorily required time limits.
- Frequently Asked Questions - a list of frequently asked questions and the answers.
If you have general questions about the rulemaking process, please contact Louise Corliss, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 802-828-2863.